Friday, November 18, 2005

Quotes du jour

“I resent politicians criticizing Louisiana when there’s a cloud over Washington bigger than the state of Texas.”

State Sen. Robert Adley, D-Benton
“The concern about Louisiana is waning.”
State Sen. Tom Schedler, R-Slidell

“We have a Republican Congress. We have a Republican Senate. We have a Republican president. We have a Republican congressional delegation… I just wanted you to know that we’re spending more than $3.8 billion every three days in Iraq.”
State Sen. Ben Nevers, D-Bogalusa

“If I had a $3.8 billion debt I knew I couldn’t pay, I wouldn’t make the first payment.”

State Sen. Tom Schedler, R-Slidell

“The only bad message coming out of Louisiana is coming out of these microphones.”
State Sen. Robert Adley, D-Benton

“The message is Louisiana is a good state. Louisiana didn’t build those levees. The Corps of Engineers built those levees.”
State Sen. Robert Adley, D-Benton

“New York got $20 billion for 16 acres of damage.”

State Sen. Robert Adley, D-Benton